Friday, August 1, 2008

Just waitin'

We are now officially only waiting on our I171H. We finally received our life insurance letter ("5 business days" turned into a couple of weeks), so we faxed our documents to be approved by our family coordinator today. That means our side of things is completely done! Our goal was August, so I am glad we squeezed it into July, it makes me feel more accomplished, ha! So now we just wait for that magical little letter to come in the mail any day now. Once it is here we take our documents to be county and state certified. We are still praying that our dossier will be sent to Ethiopia in August! The other great news that our agency put out today is that the wait times for referrals have changed. It was 7-9 months for a baby boy or girl, but the wait time for boys has gone down to 5-7 months! Since we are open to either gender, it looks like a boy could be coming our way. Obviously, God can do ANYTHING in a matter of months! But, we are excited to know that a couple months of our wait might be shaved off. I try not to count on any of these estimations though, because we always have to know that international adoption can be very unpredictable!

1 comments:

Carpenters said...

Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling to finally be done? I was so relieved when my side was done and all I had to do was wait.

With Love,
Penelope