Sunday, May 17, 2009

little sweethearts

Phil and I found out a few months ago that another family that attends the same church we do was adopting from Ethiopia.  I was so excited!  Our church is large, so we kept missing meeting one another.  They recently returned home with their 3 new children and Phil got to meet the oldest, a beautiful girl, last week.  Today we ran into them at Kohl's of all places.  I was able to meet the mother, and the two youngest.  They were two of the most handsome little boys I've ever seen.  Oh my, they stole my heart.  As soon as I saw them, I almost burst into tears.  I didn't want to completely freak them out though!  That emotion came out of nowhere and I was not expecting it!  I had tears welled up in my eyes the whole time we spoke.  I touched their beautiful brown skin, stroked their hair, and fought more tears.  It brought so much joy to my heart to see them.  They are from where our child is from and I can't tell you how much that meant to me.  At the same time it was hard, because my arms ache to hold our child!  I can't get those sweet little Ethiopian faces out of my mind...and I'm hoping to see the face of our own little baby SOON.  

3 comments:

jamullins said...

Hope you get your referral very soon!!!


Julie

Gina said...

Oh Amber! I am so with you! It seems like forever since we got our "on deck" email! Praying that God will reveal our babies' faces to us soon!

Unknown said...

amber,
i am praying your referral comes soon. it is so hard to wait. like being 9 months pregnant- all the time. I'm proud of you guys for your patience and for your faithfulness. You and Phil are such a great example to the body of Apex! Thank you!