Tuesday, May 20, 2008

of progress and blessing

Vacation was truly wonderful! It was such a great rest for our family. We were in need of that possibly more than we ever have been! Phil and I had so much fun together, and Gibson and Maya had a blast. They had been fighting so much before we left and they just had a great time together and really became closer friends.
Now that we are back we are diving right in. I sent in our I600-A today. Tomorrow we will be traveling to do our orientation meeting with our social worker. This will count as one of our face-to-face meetings. We will also pay for our home study meetings tomorrow night. I am hoping later in the week to cross a few other small things off the list like birth certificates, marriage license, etc. There is a lot on the list! If I just look at it as one thing at a time, it is not so overwhelming. I hope that along the process that I can just keep the right perspective that each step will bring us closer to our child. Now that gets me really excited!!!
I just have to put out a big thank you to all of our friends and family out there! The support and prayer that has been poured upon us is amazing. We have been so humbled by the checks and donations that keep popping up along the way. The 10 dollar check means just as much to us as the 200 dollar one. We know people are giving sacrificially and that is truly humbling. So thank you everyone!!!

0 comments: